Saturday, March 24, 2007

Saturday with The Food Network and missing NewMan

I really love Saturdays off from work. My favourite part of it is watching The Food Network. I watch those shows and aspire to be a great chef....in my own home. The hours that real chefs keep are just NOT for me. But I love to watch and learn techniques and apply them to my home cooking. I have been told by more than a few people that I am a good cook. In fact, only one person ever told me, "you just think you can cook".....he does not live here anymore.....

I know it seems really odd for a woman who struggles with weight and body issues to watch hours upon hours of cooking shows. But, I have a great appreciation for good food, gourmet type food, and good wine. This is a passion that NewMan and I share, and it is really wonderful! We both love to cook. I am really looking forward to spending Saturdays and Sundays off cooking and sharing with NewMan once he is finally here with me. That day is getting a lot closer.....I am sooooooo excited!!

I am planning another trip to visit NewMan in Chicago in April. This time, I am staying for 5 days. I couldn't be more thrilled. I don't care for the airports and the flying, but, those are such small sacrifices for 5 days of bliss. 5 nights of sleeping next to NewMan, 5 mornings of waking up next to NewMan......sigh.....do I sound a little in love??? Well, I assure you, I am a lot in love.

Back to The Food Network, my other love. I have a few favourite shows. I love to watch the challenge shows, the ones where famous chefs compete at cake decorating or sugar sculpting, etc. I love Good Eats with Alton Brown, he teaches the science of cooking....I guess I am a foodie geek. I also like the Restaurant Makeover shows. Rachael Ray's 30 minute Meals is also good. I love them all. But one of my all time favourites these days, is Ace of Cakes. It is about Charm City Cakes in Baltimore, MD. The guy, Duff, is so funny, and quirky.....and he has this crew that work with him that are just as quirky and funny, and they make the most amazing cakes I have ever seen. Of course, I am watching for wedding cake ideas........

3 comments:

Mel said...

Whoa, that was weird. When I went to your permalink thru Bloglines it didn't show a prompt for the comments... tuh-rippy.
I love to watch cooking shows. The husband got pretty bummed at me when we had cable, because all I watched was Dog the Bounty Hunter and about elebenty-seven million cooking shows. Nothing else. :)

Jacques Le NM said...

Will new man at least benefit from those cooking shows?


lol

Iris said...

Jacques

I can guarantee he will, if he is up for it. What do you think?