Wednesday, September 27, 2006

A Farewell to Blogs

Apparently I cannot commit to anything.

I have many half finished crochet, knitting, cross-stitch, etc projects in my home that I am sure I will never complete. My house is in the middle of renovation hell and I am not at all sure it will ever be done. Even two marriages have gone uncompleted (as in "till death do us part")....though, if either one of those men don't stop pissing me off, the death part may come to one of them prematurely.

And so, sits this blog......forgotten and abandoned.

It isn't that I don't enjoy writing and publishing these twisted little glimpses of life .... it is just that I fear I am suffering from some strange form of attention deficit that makes it virtually impossible to complete anything that I start.

My goal was to publish an article here once a week. Thank God I don't work for a newspaper and don't expect to get paid for writing. If I did, I would be living in a half decorated refridgerator box.

So I publish this "Farewell to Blogs"........ not that I am giving it up....... just that I am giving up the notion that I will publish it with any continuity or that I will ever accumulate the loyal readers who will wait with breath held for the next installment. I mean, if I ever did have such a following, they have all died of asphyxia waiting for this since February.

No comments: